Our Financial Accountant role serves an integral function within the operation of our global finance team. They are responsible for the day to day accounting functions (e.g. cash management, AP, reconciliations, trial balances, expense reviews, etc), as well as involvement in key projects such as ledger integration. Our Financial Accountant will work closely with the rest of the finance team, as well as other functions such as network engineers, operations and software developers. They will also liaise with external auditors and tax teams to deliver statutory filings.
1. Work closely with senior members of the global finance team. Perform accounting function for some APAC entities within the group.
2. Month-end close processes which include, revenue and expense reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, and expense reviews..
3. Assist in the preparation of statutory reporting such as financial statements for audits, compliance, and regulatory filings..
4. Assist in preparation of various tax filings, including corporate tax returns, withholding tax and goods & services tax..
5. Coordinate with local and overseas external parties in the completion of deliverables..
6. Successful candidates will become familiar with the market making business, gain a deep understanding of the Finance systems and seek opportunities to optimize operational efficiency, work on ad-hoc projects, such as ongoing automation efforts and ledger integrations.
Key Skills & Experience
1. Strong Academic Background with a Bachelor's degree or above in Accountancy
2. Chartered Accountant (or in the process of obtaining the license)
3. 2 - 3 years of experience within the financial services sector
4. Prior experience at public accounting firms preferred
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Attention to detail
7. Diligent with sense of urgency
8. Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
LEHMAN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming you for who you are and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.